I'd love it if every or every other day there could be an "encounter" with some aspect of local people and culture. That could be something as simple as a talk/interview by/with a member of the Maasi community, or--preferably--something slightly more extensive that would give participants the opportunity to use documentary/reporting techniques to create a creative written project based on the region and its people. Something that would encourage them to use photography and interview techniques to capture images and narrative that would feed into their creative work.”
This tour will enliven you in many ways, to reserve your spot to practice authentic love, click here to register or call 619. 887. 6720.
Includes International Air out of JFK, N.Y. Price Options/Paypal $____________ USD
- Experience an enriching spiritual journey that will transform your life.
- Learn cultural values of Tanzanian people; their sense of family, community, education, work and arts to enhance your cultural values.
- Nurture mutual exchange while contributing skills and talents to Tanzanian people and serving in their community to help improve the quality of life.
- Understand Tanzanians’ relationship with/to natural environment, support efforts to maintain natural beauty and resilience of the area, and strengthen your commitment to sustainability and responsible stewardship.
- Deepen awareness of impacts of global warming, global economic inequities, and technology in East Africa.
- Empower youth as mentor/tutor/volunteer at United African Alliance Community Center (UAACC) in Arusha, Tanzania. Be fulfilled by touching lives and making a difference.
Articles, Reviews & Interviews
Links to purchase books
Tour Price: $ ______________ USD
Includes International Air out of JFK N.Y. July 04,2011 ________ a.m. to fly with group, return International Air night of July 17th, arrival JFK N.Y. July 18, 2011 ________a.m.
- Day One, July 04
- Day Two, July 05
- Day Three, July 06
- Day Four, July 07
- Day Five, July 08
- Day Six, July 09
- Day Seven, July 10
- Day Eight, July 11
- Day Nine, July 12
- Day Ten, July 13
- Day Eleven, July 14
- Day Twelve, July 15
- Day Thirteen, July 16
- Day Fourteen, July 17
Optional experiences as deviations per prior written requests:
Highly recommended Optional tour Arusha National Park - $ 100
Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti Safari - $ 750 per person, requires 5 days
Mt Kilimanjaro – Formal quote necessary based on which route up mountain is desired. Customer service Rep at EoWR is happy to assist with putting together a safe and enjoyable hiking experience. Must contact EoWR 45 days prior to departure for deviation request.
For all your trip insurance needs, please visit our affiliate partnership with InsureMyTrip to customize your ideal insurance package.
Payment and Air schedule:
- Reserve your spot with a $ 500 deposit now
Book your Air and Travel Insurance at insuremytrip.com at any time once deposit has been made.
- Second payment – October 5, 2009 $ 1000.00
- Third payment – November 9, 2009 $ 1000.00
- Final payment December 15, 2009 $ 450.00
Will be based on availability and subject to early notification
Additional costs not included in tour package for the entire trip:
- Domestic Air Travel
- Air Travel
- Airport Taxes
- Beverages (all)
- Meals not mentioned on the itinerary
- Optional tours or optional admissions
- Single supplement
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional travel insurance
- Airfares and departure taxes
- Any item / service not mentioned
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder) & health requirements (Hepatitis A, Yellow Fever, Meningitis)
Tips and gratuities
- Personal hiking/trekking gear
About your facilitator, Tracy K. Smith
Tracy K. Smith was raised in Northern California . She received degrees in English and Creative Writing from Harvard College and Columbia University , and was a Wallace Stegner Fellow in poetry at Stanford University from 1997-99. Her first collection of poems, The Body's Question , was awarded the 2002 Cave Canem Poetry Prize by Kevin Young, and published in 2003 by Graywolf Press. She is the recipient of a 2004 Rona Jaffe Writers Award, and a 2005 Whiting Award. Her second collection, Duende , received the 2006 James Laughlin Award from the Academy of American Poets and was published by Graywolf Press in 2007. She has taught at the City University of New York, University of Pittsburgh , Columbia University , and Princeton University .